Experience and compassion for the benefit of your family
We understand the legal, financial, and emotional impact of working through family issues. So, we provide thoughtful, personalized advice and representation for clients dealing with the effects.
CE Law handles divorce and related issues, such as custody and support. We provide representation in adoptions, paternity, premarital agreements, and domestic violence cases.
Family Law Cases We Handle in Calvert, Charles & St. Mary’s County Courts
Maryland Divorce Proceedings & Related Issues
Divorce can be a complicated season for any family. That’s why our family law attorneys provide compassionate guidance throughout the divorce process and ensure that our client’s rights and interests are protected.
We recognize that every divorce or separation is unique. We will listen to your concerns and help you make the best decisions for you and your family regarding all that accompanies divorce.
- Child Custody & Visitation – Often, nothing is more difficult or complex in a divorce than the issues of child custody and visitation. Our attorneys help parents develop workable custody and visitation arrangements that meet their children’s needs and reflect their parenting roles.
- Child & Spousal Support – Often, one of the spouses will be ordered to pay child support or alimony to the other spouse during or after divorce. We help families establish appropriate arrangements that meet their financial needs and capabilities.
- Division of Assets – Upon divorce, it is necessary to divide assets, such as the home, furnishings, and retirement accounts. Our lawyers ensure that our client’s property and assets are protected during and after the divorce process.
- Guardianship – We handle guardianships of the person and property.
- Alimony – We pursue and defend alimony matters for our clients.
Adoption can involve a great deal of stress, anxious moments, and a significant financial investment.
We simplify and facilitate the adoption process by handling the legal aspects, so that prospective parents can focus on welcoming a new addition to the family.
For an engaged couple, a premarital agreement can address how financial matters will be handled during the marriage or in the event of a divorce or death.
Any couple may benefit from entering into a premarital agreement. However, it is advisable when both spouses have significant assets or children from a prior relationship.
Establishing legal paternity gives a father certain rights and responsibilities to his child, including the obligation to pay child support and the right to custody or visitation. It also enables a child to receive benefits or inheritance from their father.
Our attorneys help clients assert or challenge paternity depending on their needs.
Domestic Violence / Peace Orders
In family violence cases, you may ask a court for a peace order by filing a civil suit, which is distinct from filing criminal charges against your spouse.
Our attorneys help victims of abuse, harassment, stalking, trespass, or malicious destruction of property obtain relief by filing and enforcing peace orders.
Seek advice and representation from an experienced Calvert County family lawyer.
If you face divorce or have another family law concern, our experienced team can bring peace to the chaos.
With CE Law on your side, you can be confident in the choices you make for yourself and your family.