Local representation that gets results
CE Law is qualified to represent construction companies, contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, homeowners, and residential and commercial property owners in all manner of construction litigation.
Our attorneys have served clients in Southern Maryland for nearly four decades. As a result, we know the local construction market and industry well.
Helping clients protect work and property investments
At some point, everyone becomes involved in a construction project. These projects range from remodeling or building a home to constructing or renovating a business.
Construction is the livelihood for many people in Southern Maryland.
Unfortunately, not every project proceeds or concludes as expected. Construction litigation ensues if a party’s mistake or improper conduct caused or contributed to the problem. Our lawyers are qualified to represent clients in construction litigation involving:
- Construction defect claims arising from poor design, building code violations, water intrusion, faulty wiring, and other issues
Construction contract disputes regarding payment and performance issues
- Breach of warranty
- Enforcing or disputing mechanics’ liens (sometimes referred to as contractors’ liens or construction liens)
- Change orders and cost overruns
- Negligence cases involving below standard workmanship
- Fraud cases involving misrepresentations of quality and/or deceptive trade practices
- Environment defense and defense of actions brought by governmental agencies such as MDE for runoff violations and critical areas violations
- Construction litigation can be very complex.
Multiple parties, ranging from subcontractors to renters, are interested in the outcome of a dispute. In addition, construction professionals generally have insurance carriers that also become involved in a controversy.
Often the nature of the construction industry, which requires contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers to rely on each other’s work product, makes it difficult to determine who is responsible for a mistake.
These cases are complicated and require intensive legal work and research. Time is often of the essence, and litigation can interfere with the project and future plans.
Laws and regulations may impose restrictions on when and how claims can be filed. Our attorneys possess the knowledge and insight to resolve disputes as smoothly and quickly as possible while resolutely asserting your rights.
Get a knowledgeable attorney to resolve your construction-related dispute.
If you are facing construction-related litigation in Calvert, Charles, or St. Mary’s County, contact CE Law for a complimentary consultation addressing your legal concern.
Should you become our client, we will resolve your conflict swiftly and always in your best interests.